Saturday, October 31, 2009

Getting ready for the stroll

The River Arts District in Asheville, where our new gallery/teaching studio will be located, is having its fall Studio Stroll Nov. 14 & 15 2009, from 10 am-6 pm. Barb Butler and I are among 120 artists working in studios in this converted warehouse area beside the French Broad River.

During the spring and fall ‘strolls,’ artists open their doors to meet personally with customers and sell their work. Barb and I have both joined the RAD and will be displaying a sampling of our woven pieces in the Curve Studios, home of our new shop. Look for Barb at Pattiy Torno’s Quilts, Clothing & Fun Fleece studio.

Today I’ve been preparing a small assortment of my hanEchoes of Africa Scarfdwovens to send to Barb for the stroll. Here’s one of my scarves that will be for sale.

I’ll be in New Jersey that weekend and plan to visit the Outlet sale at Silk City Fibers looking for yarn for my first class at Sutherland in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment